We live in a city where wind conditions are often different just a 15 minute drive away. We would get to the field and find a strong wind or none at all. So we had the wrong planes or didn’t bring any because we thought it was too windy.
So why does installing a weather station rate an article? The biggest hurdle so far has been the lack of internet access. Someone had to figure out how to get internet access at a reasonable cost.
- Acurite 5-in-1 sensor (wind, direction, rain, temperature, humidity)
- Acurite Internet Bridge (also has a barometer)
- MoFi 3G Router
- Wind Mobile USB Data stick
- USB Internet Stick > Router USB port
- Acurite Bridge > Router LAN port
- Acurite 5-in-1 sensor > modified to run on a 3V DC transformer
- 5-in-1 Sensor > Internet Bridge
- Internet Bridge > Acurite
- Acurite > Weather Underground
- Weather Underground > Club Website
- Club Website php Scripts > Web Pages